Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix blueboard to fence frame and how to replace pool deck?

Sunnycoast5
Just Starting Out

How to fix blueboard to fence frame and how to replace pool deck?

Hi,

I'm tackling what hopefully will not be too big of an ask for my skillset. I have a 25 M long blueboard rendered front fence that is in dire need of a fix. The blueboard has long gone past it's best & is crumbling off the frame. My initial thoughts were to demo it & have a fencer erect something more aesthetically pleasing. Like everyone, finding a tradie is one thing, getting them to turn up is quite something else again. I removed the sheeting on the house side of the fence to inspect the frame. To my surprise, the frame was generally in good health so I decided to just strengthen the frame everywhere possible & it is now very sturdy. My intention is to just replace all of the sheeting, cover the joints with paper jointing tape & joint compound & then painting. What is the best way to fix the sheeting to the fence frame? Each fence "panel" is 2 x 2400/900 sheets, so 2400 wide & 1800 high. The pics might explain better than myself!

Onto my next & probably most challenging project, the pool deck. As per the pics, it's very obvious that the joists etc are far from serviceable. My thoughts are to just replace each piece of timber with a similarly sized piece of structural H3 pine & then merbau over the top. Any input greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Steve

SteveIMG_6749.jpgIMG_6750.jpgIMG_6747.jpgIMG_6751.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix blueboard to fence frame and how to replace pool deck?

Great to see you make you first post on the community after being a member for many years @Sunnycoast5. Welcome to the discussion!

Looks like you have a very challenging project on your hands with the deck, but that blueboard fence repair should be relatively simple. As our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts are taking a short break at the moment, let me tag some other helpful members for their thoughts on your questions: @DIY4Knuckleheds@Nailbag and @Jewelleryrescue.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects