Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill gap between side concrete and slab?

Sny10
Just Starting Out

How to fill gap between side concrete and slab?

The side concrete has move over the years and now has a little gap against slab. I am thinking to use Dunlop Ardit to fill that gap. Any other suggestion to fill the gap. Also I will be doing this first time. So any tips will be helpful.

20240604_163056.jpg

20240604_163123.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: help with filling the gap between side concrete and slab

Hi @patelsanket10,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

My advice would be to stuff Ableflex into the gap and cover it with Sika Concrete Grey Sikaflex Pro+ Polyurethane Sealant. You'll also need to pick up a sausage style caulking gun if you don't already own one. 

Because concrete expands and contracts with temperature changes, a rigid substance such as Ardit will crack quickly. The flexibility of the Ableflex and the Sikaflex Pro+ will cover the gap while still allowing for expansion and contraction.

Have a look at How To Silicone a Gap as an example of the process. The scale is much smaller, but the principles are the same.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects