Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cover exposed pipes?

alex27
Finding My Feet

How to cover exposed pipes?

Hello,

I am wondering if Bunnings sells any products to cover exposed pipes. I could not anything suitable on the Bunnings website.

I would like something similar to what you see on the following photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: Cover exposed pipes

Morning @alex27 

Mmmm Im sure I have seen something suitablke while strolling through Bunnings aisels but for the life of me I cant find anything now. 

I do know you can go to your local colourbond roofing place and they may be able to make you a channel that will suit. They have the equipment to bend and shape the metal.

BTW are the cables/pipes being covered seperate? As in hot water / power cables?

Dave

Thanks for your reply. 

If you know who sells this product in Melbourne, please let me know.

To have it custom made would probably cost a lot. So, I would prefer to find a retailer who has this product in stock.

I need to cover pipes only, not power cables.

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Morning @alex27 

Sometimes yeah, othertimes surprisingly no. The way I figure it is all it costs is a few phone calls (yeah I dont just take the word of one supplier :smile:

Just had a squiz on the colourbond site and if you put in your postcode it will show you local suppliers. I am fairly confidant that they will have a stock standared mechanical cover deal as I have seen similar around the place. Colorbond find your local supplier 

Other then that I would try an electrical wholesaler place such as TLE or Gorden Macdondals (there should be some equivilant ones in Melbourne as I am up Sydney way) Electrical cables and conduit sometimes need a cover so they may have suggestions.

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @alex27 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about pipe covers.

The closest equivalent product I could find is the Australian Handyman Supplies 21 x 15 x 0.4mm 3m Galvanised Steel Corrugated Capping - galvanised. If you are after a particular size, it might be possible to have this made using Lysaght's custom flashing service. 

I suggest double checking your measurements and speaking to your local stores special orders team and inquiring if Lysaght are able to quote you for that particular shape.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Evening @alex27 

Purlins! I knew I had seen something similar before. Australian Handyman Supplies 100 x 50 x 3m Galvanised C-Purlin Fence Rail Tho the "feet" are inside you could still predrill through the top and boittom of the leg for a long screw. It would gfive you the mechanical protection for sure.

Thanks to google analitics looking at my searches lol

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects