Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a custom thin workbench for small garden shed?

JonnyH
Getting Established

How to build a custom thin workbench for small garden shed?

Hi,

First time doing a project like this. Would anyone be able to some advice on how to make it and suggestions of ideas?

I'm wanting to build a thin but tallish work bench for my partners shed. I"d like it to be tall because I need to fit a lawn mower under it and thin because the shed itself is quite small.

The internal shed dimensions are;

W- 745mm

L- 1490mm
H-1790mm

The Lawn mower is 860mm tall and 1240 long.

So ideally I'd like the work bench to be taller then the mower and then perhaps just under half the width of the shed so around 350mm.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Jonny

IMG_2718.jpegIMG_2719.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Custom Thin Workbench of Small Garden Shed

Hi @JonnyH,

I'm certain the helpful team at your local Bunnings store would be able to assist you to collect and cut the materials you'll require based off the photos above. 

There are only 2 types of timber so it will be fairly easy. If you tell them, you need at least 8.7 lineal metres of 70x35 H3 Pine and one sheet of 18mm MDF that can be cut to 1200x380mm, I'm sure they'll be able to assist.

I'd suggest heading to the Trade Desk at your local store, they'll be able to page one of the team members to come give you a hand.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects