Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i fix broken pool pipes?

simonbeitz
Just Starting Out

How do i fix broken pool pipes?

IMG_1953.jpeg

how do I fix these pipes for my pool? One is 50mm and one is 40mm.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: hiw do i fix these pipes?

Hi @simonbeitz,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

You're going to need a hacksaw, a length of 40mm PVC Pipe, a length of 50mm PVC Pipe, 2 x 50mm Straight Couplings, 2 x 40mm Straight Couplings, Protek Red Priming Fluid and Protek Type N Blue Cement Solvent.

Start by cutting the two lengths of pipe to match the gap. There is a small lip inside the straight couplings that will need to be accounted for in this measurement.

Once your pipes are cut, attach the straight couplings to the end of each pipe and dry fit them to make sure it can be fit in place in one piece. You will need to lift the pipes that are in the ground to get both couplings on.

Once you've confirmed it will work, attach the couplings to each end of the new piece of pipe. This is done by applying the primer to the outside of the pipe and the inside of one side of the coupling then immediately applying glue to each primed surface. Press the coupling onto the pipe and rotate 90 degrees to create suction. Repeat this process with the 4 different couplings.

Allow these to sit for around 5 minutes so they set up slightly. While this is happening, clean the mud away from the ends of the ground pipe with a wet rag. Make sure the gluing surface is as clean as possible. Once clean, repeat the process of adding primer and glue to the outside of each pipe and the inside of the coupling.

Press the pipes into place and rotate 90 degrees to create suction between the masses of solvent.

Allow everything to set before backfilling the hole.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects