Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What LED lighting is suitable for Bunnings cube storage?

DebR
Just Starting Out

What LED lighting is suitable for Bunnings cube storage?

I have a Flexi Storage Clever Cube 1x4 storage unit from Bunnings. I want to DIY some lighting inside each compartment, attached under the shelf above so it lights from the top. I am looking for LED and preferably powered rather than battery or rechargable (though I could do that if no other option). Can you please recommend something suitable? I did look at the Arlec 30cm Grid Connect LED Strip Light set, which looked perfect at first but in the comments it suggested that the connections between each strip are not long enough for the size of the cabinet.

Would appreciate advice!

thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What LED lighting is suitable for Bunnings cube storage?

Hello @DebR 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about installing LED in your Cube storage box.

I propose using Lytworx 3m Bi-Colour White COB LED Strip Light and attaching it in an "L" pattern. Technically it would be lighting the top and side then the strip runs down to the next level and the pattern is repeated but on the other side. I've placed a sample image below to give you an idea of how the LED strip light can be attached to the cabinet. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DebR
Just Starting Out

Re: What LED lighting is suitable for Bunnings cube storage?

That's a creative solution! Thanks.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects