Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kids bedroom makeover with loft and slide

GwenH
Growing in Experience

Kids bedroom makeover with loft and slide

After many weeks, the Mezzanine/Loft in my daughter's bedroom is finally done! A spot up top with a 3cm thick foam rug to decompress after school, and a play space underneath, complete with hidden door. Oh and did I mention the slide yet?! 

There are double opening doors from the room to the front of the house, where I've built a little patio play area also. 

Happy 6th birthday to my girl ❤.

1000003866.jpg

1000003867.jpg

1000003904.jpg

1000003906.jpg

1000003903.jpg

1000003899.jpg

1000003907.jpg

1000003902.jpg

1000003900.jpg

    

   

Materials

The Mezzanine frame was made from a steel frame I found at the Tip Shop, and built out further with timber. Lots of recycled timber was used from furniture pieces from the tip shop, such as a solid wooden bed frame.

There is some super thick MDF around the whole structure. 

The back wall on the inside underneath the Mezzanine has been covered in vinyl whiteboard from Officeworks to allow my daughter to draw and make different backgrounds for whatever she is pretending the space is that day. So far we've had a Vet, Daycare and Hotel. The floor in that area is a soft foam interlocking 'tile' with laminate wood print, from Spotlight. 

Tools

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Kids bedroom makeover with loft and slide

Hi @GwenH,

What a fantastic couple of projects that I'm sure your daughter absolutely loves.

You've created a wonderful space for your daughter to let her imagination flourish. Boy, do I wish I had something like this in my room while growing up.

It's also fantastic to hear you were able to repurpose so many materials to create this space, it looks to be incredibly sturdy.

Thank you for sharing and a big congratulations on a job well done.

Jacob

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: Kids bedroom makeover with loft and slide

What an awesome project @GwenH  your kids must love having such a handy Mum to make such an entertaining and functional space for them to enjoy.

Regards, Nailbag

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects