Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to wall-mount a heavy 75-inch 40kg TV

Sugar
Having an Impact

How to wall-mount a heavy 75-inch 40kg TV

Hi folks, 

Hoping we all are waiting for Christmas and new year. 

My today's queries to the experts are how can I wall mount my heavy 75" 40 Kg TV. 

I found few previous discussion about this topic such as this

https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Living-and-Bedroom/Wall-mounting-TV-to-plasterboard/td-p/546...

and this

https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Living-and-Bedroom/Wall-mounting-TV-to-plasterboard/m-p/5468...

However, I wanted to start a fresh discussion and for a heavy tv. 

I believe all the screws need to go to the stud. 

Following is one of the bunnings products. 

Sugar_0-1639480321287.png

If I am using the above product, what happens if I only get a stud for the top and bottom screws of one side but I cannot get a stud for the other two screws on the other sides?

What are the alternatives? or I only see to play with the bottom and top horizontal dotted gaps and do the hit and trial to find the stud.

Please help me here. 

Thanking you in advance.  

Community manager's note: Check out How to hang just about anything for expert advice.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: wall mounting heavy tv 75" 40 KG

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Cartis7. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

It's great to hear that @EricL's advice was helpful. You've done a wonderful job mounting the television, and your room looks terrific, too. 

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects