Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair internal rendered brick walls?

JK88
Just Starting Out

How to repair internal rendered brick walls?

Hi!

I have removed the wooden panel covering the join between rendered brickwork and a built-in timber bookshelf.

I now have a hole that needs patching. Can someone please guide me on best practice? I asked someone in-store today and he was super condescending so I don't really want to ask anyone in store again!

Thanks, any advice will be welcome! Please be friendly.

IMG_9374 copy.jpgIMG_9380 copy.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Repairing render indoors

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JK88. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing render.

I'm so sorry to hear that was your experience in-store.

The area can be repaired, filled, and rendered with Dunlop 4L Premix Render Joint And Patch. To fill up some of the void, you might spray a small amount of expanding foam deep inside the gap. Ensure you don't overfill, as you still want to have the last 50mm at the face filled with the cement patching compound.

Use a pointing trowel to apply the patching compound into the void, and then once you've reached the surface, smooth it flat.

How do you plan on transitioning from the render to the timber? Will you finish the render even with the timber and then use some kind of cover to disguise the transition? Let us know if you need ideas.

Remember, your PPE including a facemask and eye protection.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects