Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a large hammock in centre of living room?

Patel1045
Just Starting Out

How to fix a large hammock in centre of living room?

Hi Guyz…

We are wondering to start makeover for our home. The house has a false ceiling & one of my friend gifted us huge and awesome hammock that we want to install in our living room through ceiling as it won’t be fixed on wall. Any advice how can i apply this make over? Some details if helps Hammock it self weighs around 30 kg and can hold the load upto 300kgs needs an S hook with carabineer clips & 360 Swivel swing hangers. dimensions for the swing is  Length 80 Width80 Height 72 inches.

Thanks in Advance.

IMG_6707.jpeg

IMG_6706.jpeg

IMG_6708.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a large hammock in centre of living room?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Patel1045. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about hanging a hammock.

In order to install a hanging device of this nature, you'll need to enlist the services of a professional, being a qualified carpenter and potentially an engineer, to assess and then alter your roof structure to accommodate. I presume you have a timber roof structure, and its job is to hold up the roof. Your hammock far exceeds any tolerances that would have been accounted for, and I suspect that additional timber or lintels will need to be installed for it to be affixed to.

I would encourage you to seek out professional assistance in order to avoid damage to your property and potential injury.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc,

Thanks for the advice. Will now considering to return this. Also there is a smaller one for babies which is like about to 2ft by 2ft with similar fittings requirement. Would that be able to hold with this timber structure!? 

IMG_6756.png

Potentially @Patel1045. However, I would still recommend you have it professionally installed.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects