Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a desk?

bhargavi
Just Starting Out

How to build a desk?

Hi team, can you please help me build a simple floor desk, with these measurements

width : 50 inches

depth : 25 inches

height: 12 inches

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a desk?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bhargavi. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about building a desk.

So that's 125cm in width, 62.5cm in depth and 30cm in height. We have a number of timber panels that you could use for the top that closely resemble those measurements, such as the Specrite 1200 x 600 x 18mm Timber Multi Use Pine Panel, SpecRite 1200 x 600mm 18mm Timber Panel Okoume FJ Laminated and Specrite 1200 x 600 x 18mm Hevea Multi Use Panel.

I can't find any legs that would be spot on your 30cm in height. There's a range of timber legs that could be cut down to suit, such as the Adoored 53 x 360mm Raw Wood Round Furniture Leg. Or if left at full length, the leg and top would be about three inches taller than your requirement. Or, you could go with a shorter leg such as the Adoored 60 x 230mm White Round Metal Furniture Leg, which, when combined with the top, will be about two inches shorter than your requirements.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Mitchell, 

Just a question, would Bunnings be able to build this up with these items, so I can buy. Is there such an option?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/specrite-1200-x-600-x-18mm-timber-multi-use-pine-panel_p0419619

And four legs - https://www.bunnings.com.au/adoored-53-x-360mm-raw-wood-round-furniture-leg_p0197177

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Unfortunately, not @bhargavi. We'd be more than happy to provide advice and guidance on Workshop to help you complete the project yourself. 

I've just realised that I didn't mention the leg plates you'll need. These attach the legs to the top.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects