Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Custom hallway cabinet

Codey
Growing in Experience

Custom hallway cabinet

This is a custom hallway cabinet I made for our entrance. The space was looking a little bare so I wanted to fill it with something interesting and useful.

Materials

Plywood

30 x 19 pre primed FJ pine

42 X 19 Pine

MDF FJ Panel

Acacia Timber Benchtop

Half Splayed Architrave

Tools

Screenshot 2024-07-07 091017.pngRyobe JigsawRyobe JigsawRyobe DrillRyobe DrillRyobe SanderRyobe Sanderrouter.png

Steps

Step 1

The outer walls were first constructed out of plywood based upon the measurements of the window it will be placed under. It was much easier to sand this back now, before the shelves were inserted. Then I attached the architrave which would later match the architrave of the room.4.jpg

Step 2

Once the shelves were in, I could then install the barn door rollers. This would allow me to take accurate measurements for the sliding doors.

I made the doors out of FJ panel, framed with pine molding. I sanded them back, double and triple checked the size before painting and attaching the hardware.

1.jpg

The tricky part was making the sure the vertical lines of the FJ panel were even on each side of the door, and consistent across both doors.

Step 3

I then painted the main body of the project in the same colour scheme as the room, ready to add the doors and the bench top.3.jpg

Step 4

Once it was all put together it was just a matter of styling.2.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hallway Cabinet

What a stunning project @Codey! You've done such a fantastic job and must be very pleased with the results. The level of finish is sensational.

Many thanks for sharing, and well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Afternoon @Codey 

Thats a nice way you have put it together. I was jumping back and fourth trying to figure out how you did so :smile: Nice joinery!

I like the bottom skirt of the cupboard, nice touch :smile:

Dave

Codey
Growing in Experience

Thank you so much, Mitchell!

I'm really pleased with how the project turned out, and it's wonderful to hear that you appreciate the level of finish.

Thanks for your support and encouragement!

Codey

Codey
Growing in Experience

Good afternoon, Dave!

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Your appreciation for the joinery really means a lot!

Codey

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects