Workshop
Ask a question

How to seal a painted laminate benchtop?

Marjorie
Just Starting Out

How to seal a painted laminate benchtop?

Painted laminate bench top with 2 coats of primer light sand in between coats . Then apply 2 coats of white knight enamel had it tinted to a grey light sand between coats as will .

what can I use to seal this top done it 2 weeks ago but find without some sort of sealer over the top it marks easily. 
bunnings store person said I didn’t need a clear seal over it but I think I do . 
recommendations would be greatly appreciated 

can I just use a lacquer over it or does it need to be a special clear over ???2DDF3496-2AA5-4FAF-B496-A9A433E7071A.jpeg5779851B-B229-4EBB-ADA3-133C94F21F18.jpeg062896CA-3B7D-4772-B68A-CDCE3A008757.jpeg69691EB1-BAA1-4848-9D52-5AE79D4F1A20.jpegACD2269C-9505-4741-87AA-DC82ACAEEED7.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: painted laminate bench top

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Marjorie. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about coating a benchtop.

It's important to add a protective layer over your enamel paint or it will scratch when anything rough is dragged across it. Even then, you should try to prevent that from happening with mats. This White Knight 1L Clear Bench Top Protective Coating is the correct clear coat to go over the White Knight 1L White Satin Renew Tile And Laminate Paint.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: painted laminate bench top

Thank you for your reply the guy at Bunnings here told me I didn’t need a clear coat but I will put a couple of coats on thank you 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects