Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect benchtop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

WendyS
Just Starting Out

How to connect benchtop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

I am in a rental house.  There is no undercounter dishwasher or space for one or any connections on the pipe under the sink.  The sink has a standard mixer tap set up.  I have a benchtop dishwasher that needs to be connected to a water source. It has a hose similar to the ones on a washing machine.

I am OK to replace the tap as I can just put it back on when I move out. Any suggestions?  The closest thing I can find are the fittings for washing machines.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect benchtop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

Hello @WendyS 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about connecting your dishwasher to your tap.

If you have a typical standard kitchen mixer with an aerator it's possible to connect your dishwasher to the end of the sink mixer. I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Benchtop dishwasher quick release connection by @jenenev.

It's one of the most promising connections you can temporarily install, while still allowing you to have access to your kitchen mixer when the dishwasher is not in use. 

Here are the parts I recommend getting: 

The general steps are to remove the aerator and install the Kinetic adapter with the garden hose option. Place the hose clamps on the hose and attach the Holman connectors to each end. Place the clamps over the connectors and tighten them. Attach the sprinkler adapter to your dishwasher hose and connect it to the assembled adapter. Connect the assembly to your tap and test for snugness. Make sure everything is tight before turning the water on.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects