Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix kitchen mixer tap?

CeM
Just Starting Out

How to fix kitchen mixer tap?

IMG_1317.jpeg

Hi, Our kitchen tap continually comes away from the actual sink and I’m wondering if there is a strong glue I could apply, rather than getting stitched up for a new tap each time. This will be my third, 😔. Thanks very much, Claire 😊

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: kitchen mixer tap

Hello @CeM (Claire)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about fixing your kitchen tap.

You can easily fix this without needing to use glue. I propose removing all the items under your kitchen cabinet. Once you've removed everything have a look inside at the bottom of your kitchen sink, you'll need to lie down inside your cabinet and use a torch to see where the kitchen tap is installed. You should see the hoses that go up to the top and the locking clamp of the sink tap. I've placed a diagram below showing you the parts of the kitchen tap and how it's anchored to your kitchen sink.

I propose using a Haron Mixer Tap Spanner Kit to tighten the locking nut under the sink tap. You'll need an extra pair of hands to hold the tap at the top to prevent it from moving while you tighten it. You'll notice in the image below part number "6" which is a fixing bolt, that has to be tightened up before you use your spanner to tighten number "7" which is the nut. Once that assembly is tight your kitchen tap should now be steady and rock solid. 

In regards to the spanner kit, it is an interlocking tool that slots on top of one another. There is a hole at the bottom that will allow you to slide a turning pipe into it. Please make sure that you have the tool assembled in the correct order. If you feel that it is too difficult for you, I recommend engaging the services of a handy person to tighten the kitchen tap for you.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects