Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen and floor New York loft makeover

sarastudio
Just Starting Out

Kitchen and floor New York loft makeover

I bought my New York loft like townhouse where the kitchen, laundry and floor looked absolutely horrifying and needed a desperate replacement, see photos attached of the before! So I ripped the bandaid, saved $20,000 and put in a new laundry, kitchen with brand new appliances and concrete flooring all within budget. The stone benchtop was from bunnings as well as the tools and materials I needed for the DIY splashback tiling for both kitchen and laundry. I project managed entire renovation and sourced all materials but had the help of trades for installation, plumbing and electrical works!

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1217.jpeg

IMG_1213.jpeg

IMG_1215.jpeg

IMG_1214.jpeg

Materials

Stone benchtop from Bunnings - Essential Stone 20mm Pen Savvy Chrystal White (I can’t find the link sorry!)

All tiling equipment from Bunnings (grout, sealant, trough, spacers, tile adhesive) 

Tools

I hired the wet saw for tile cutting from Bunnings, did a great job! (https://www.bunnings.com.au/for-hire-electric-tile-saw-table-24hr_p5470186

My trusty power drill to install the shelf! https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-home-12v-cordless-drill-driver-kit_p0018378

Steps

Step 1

1. Paid a designer to measure and advise on kitchen and laundry space. 

2. Paid for kitchen, laundry and flooring materials.

3. Electrician and plumber put new systems in 

4.. Concrete floor was first put in, then carpenter installed the kitchen and laundry

5. Electrician and plumber installed final systems and appliances were placed in

6.. My Bunnings bench top arrived and was installed 

7.. I DIYd the splashback tiles for both the kitchen and laundry 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kitchen and floor New York loft makeover

Wow, what a cool townhouse @sarastudio. It looks fantastic. I love the polished concrete floor and how you've created one harmonious space with this renovation.

Looking forward to seeing what you share next. Do you have any plans for upstairs?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. I'm sure you'll get plenty of help and inspiration for all your future projects from our wonderful members. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects