Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is a burn mark on the film that covers the LED normal?

Mark270481
Cultivating a Following

Is a burn mark on the film that covers the LED normal?

Hi Community ,

Bought this LED light from Bunning about a year ago and when I opened it up to clean the outer casing I noticed that alot of these LEDs have burn marks on this plastic film that covers the LED ..Is this normal or should I be worried ? Certainly does not feel normal to me 

9646201d-c691-4ca0-b000-cca256d2b7b1.jpeg

IMG_4081.jpeg

IMG_4080.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Burn mark on the film that covers the LED

Hello @Mark270481 

Thank you for sharing your question about your LED light. It appears that some of the LED's have failed, if you are worried about its operation, I suggest engaging the services of a licensed electrician to have a look at the wiring and see if there has been an error in installation. 

I also recommend having a look at the type and model of the unit and see how long the warranty is on the light fixture. If it is still under warranty, I suggest finding your docket and asking the store you purchased it from for a possible exchange. 

If you do not wish to operate the LED light at this time, I propose putting in a lamp in the room and not turning on the LED light switch until the electrician has had a look at it.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mark270481
Cultivating a Following

Actually ..the LED seem to be lighting up perfectly under the film ..it’s seems to be this film that looks like it’s burnt 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Mark270481 

It is difficult to guess as to what might be causing this type of reaction from the LED light. I think it's best to refer this to an electrician as they will be able to diagnose the lighting fixture.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects