Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal gap between wall and kitchen benchtop?

Kris_H
Finding My Feet

How to seal gap between wall and kitchen benchtop?

  

IMG_8532.jpeg

IMG_8533.jpeg

IMG_8531.jpeg

Hello! Just kindly looking for recommendations on how we can seal up the gap between the wall and the kitchen benchtop. There’s no splash back at the moment, but it’s not yet in our budget to do a complete kitchen reno as we are having a baby and we just bought this house. There’s also no seal beneath the cooktop but unsure what product to purchase

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to seal gap between wall and kitchen benchtop?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kris_H. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about filling a gap.

That's quite a large gap, so I'd recommend you push some filler rod that is slightly wider than it in there. You want to compress and push the rod so it's just below the bench surface. this provides a backing to prevent the filler from falling into the gap. You can then use a gap seal to fill the area. Here's a helpful guide: How to apply silicone sealant.

For the seal beneath the cooktop, it would be best to contact the manufacturer to determine what is required. A specific foam/rubber gasket could be needed, or it might just require silicone.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects