Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove bleach marks from laminate benchtop?

narayani
Finding My Feet

How to remove bleach marks from laminate benchtop?

Hello Team,

Thank you for your having this group. I have problem with kitchen lamination.

I used to keep washed dishes on my benchtop and because of that there were some white marks. 

To remove those white marks, I used Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover satin spray. But it got worst. 

Please see attached photographs and suggest me something that will give immediate result as i have already handed over the house to agent and now they are asking me to replace complete benchtop.

Regards,

NitalKitchen benchtop.png

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove bleach marks from laminate benchtop?

Hi @narayani,

Thank you for your question about repairing damaged laminate benchtops.

I'd start by speaking with your agent so you can understand what they deem to be an acceptable repair. It's all well and good to resurface the benchtop, but if you spend the money on it and reject it, you will be out of pocket twice.

If they are happy for you to go ahead with a repair instead of a replacement, I would suggest the following. 

My suggestion is to paint the surface using the Dulux Renovations range of products.

Ensure you give the benchtop a good clean with sugar soap before applying any products to remove any potential contaminants that would affect adhesion.

You should start with a coat of Dulux Renovation Range Primer, followed by 1-2 coats of the Renovation Range paint in a colour and finish of your choice then 1-2 coats of the Clear Coat in a finish of your choice.

This will give you a good cosmetic fix that will be durable and cover the unsightly patches.

You might like to have a look at How To Paint A Kitchen Benchtop With Dulux and Paint Your Benchtop For A Modern Kitchen for some guidance.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects