Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaky kitchen lever tap?

JDWilson
Finding My Feet

How to fix leaky kitchen lever tap?

The kitchen tap is leaking water. Appears to be coming from the bottom section of the tap where it sits  on the bench. I've tried taking it apart from underneath and up top and found nothing obvious. Any ideas on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated!

1000004376.jpg

1000004377.jpg

1000004378.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix leaky kitchen lever tap

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JDWilson. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a leaking tap.

The first thing to do is replace the cartridge. If it has failed, it could be allowing water out into the tap's body and causing the leak. If the leak persists once the cartridge has been replaced, your connection hoses might be loose, or the O-ring on them has failed, but I find this unlikely.

Replace that cartridge, and let us know how you go. Remember to take the cartridge with you to your nearest Bunnings store so a helpful team member can help match it with the correct unit.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks mate! Been meaning to reply to this sorry, but that seems to have done the job.

Cheers,

Jacob

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's terrific to hear @JDWilson; well done!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects