Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to ensure soft close runners match pre drilled holes in Kaboodle cabinet?

margoburl
Getting Established

How to ensure soft close runners match pre drilled holes in Kaboodle cabinet?

17122734889167296839039180399066.jpg

Hi.

The holes in the runners and the holes in the cabinet do not align.

Do I use the pre drilled home nearest the front of the cabinet to locate the runner and drill new holes for the rest of the runner?

This would mean the runner protrudes beyond the edge of the cabinet 4mm, with a 10mm gap between the end of the runner and the back of the cabinet.

17122739906354391984868189443918.jpg

Thanks in advance 😁

LizP
Getting Established

Re: How to ensure soft close runners match pre drilled holes in Kaboodle cabinet?

Excellent, thanks. But, still more questions....is it meant to be sticking out like this? When I look at the video for drawer front installation, the drawers

1000009877.jpg

look flush with the edges.....is it something to do with how they operate?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to ensure soft close runners match pre drilled holes in Kaboodle cabinet?

Can I please check that you can't push the draw in so it doesn't stick out @LizP?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LizP
Getting Established

No, that seems to be the furthest it goes. It might to do with the mechanism at the back with the springs that make it either come all the way in or stay out? I've attached some

1000009882.jpg

1000009883.jpg

pics

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I note in the first image the runner at the top is in the correct position for the drawer to close flush with the front of the cabinet @LizP. I'm going to jump on the phone with Kaboodle now, but just thought I'd mentioned that as it might provide some idea of why the others are protruding.

Mitchell

LizP
Getting Established

Ok thanks. If there's a number I can reach you on, I'm happy to talk through it instead. I really hope I'm not just doing something totally wrong 🤦‍♀️

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You've followed my (Kaboodle's) instructions exactly, @LizP, so you're doing everything right. I'm just waiting for the technical assistant to return from lunch, and then I'll update you.

Many thanks for your patience.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Okay, the bracket has two white plastic sections at the rear; you can see them in your second image above, @LizP. On the white plastic section closest to the front, there is a clear transparent clip. You need to open the drawer and then pull the white section/clip forward until it clips in place. It should then look like your second image above. Make sure all the runners are like this before attaching the drawer.

Let me know how you go. If you are still having issues, I'm happy to jump on the phone with you. 

Mitchell

LizP
Getting Established

Thank you so much. I didn't even think to try that because I'd thought it was like that when I started. So sorry!! 

It's now closing fully, thanks. It's quite stiff to close though and I can hear a little bit of friction.... should this soften up, or is it potentially a little out of alignment or something?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Make sure you've pulled that white mechanism forward on both sides @LizP. If you have, the next thing I would be looking at would be that the screws have been driven in fully; if not, they could be making contact with the slider, causing friction.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects