Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to drill a tap hole on a stainless steel kitchen sink?

migipaopao
Just Starting Out

How to drill a tap hole on a stainless steel kitchen sink?

2.jpg

Hi I bought this kitchen sink from Bunnings (Estilo Stainless Steel 1 And 3/4 Bowl Sink), just wondering if I could drill a tap hole on the sink. If so, which type of drill bit would be suitable.

Thanks in advance.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to drill a tap hole on a stainless steel kitchen sink?

Hello @migipaopao 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your stainless-steel sink.

I suggest using the Sutton Tools 32mm TCT Holesaw. They can be used for machine or hand drilling, and are suited to cut steel, stainless steel, aluminium, fibreglass, chipboard, plastic and other abrasive materials.

Please note that the sink must be firmly clamped to prevent it from moving while you are drilling through it. Make sure that there is a timber piece under the sink lip where you are drilling into. This will prevent it from sinking or warping. 

If you're a bit hesitant to drill into the sink, I suggest engaging the services of a handy person that has experience in drilling into stainless steel. You can post the job onto Hipages or Airtasker.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to drill a tap hole on a stainless steel kitchen sink?

Thank you, Eric.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects