Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean food steamer?

Makita
Growing in Experience

How to clean food steamer?

The bottom part of the food steamer always hold water for steaming up food. As a result, some kind of materials are built up over a period of time. I tried detergent, steel wool and other Jif. It does not seem to work. Thank you.

st2.jpgst3.jpgst1.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean food steamer?

Hi @Makita,

Thank you for your question about removing grime from the bottom of a food steamer.

You've already used the standard methods for this kind of thing, so I'd advise moving to a more aggressive approach.

Grab some Rocket Wet And Dry Sanding Sheets and lightly wet the bottom of the pan. Rub the bottom of the pan in a circular motion applying a decent amount of pressure. This should clean and polish the stainless-steel surface and remove the material buildup.

This may take some time and effort, but stick with it, you should be able to get some good results. 

I have used the same method to clean my cast iron camp stove, which was in far worse condition, but I used a random orbital sander to speed up the process. You might like to consider this as an option to speed things up a bit.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects