Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean an exhaust hood?

NateCleaning
Finding My Feet

How to clean an exhaust hood?

Hey, I'm trying to clean an exhaust hood.  I've tried heavy duty cleaner and still wool it just doesn't come out unless I use full force. Need some ideas 

exhaust hood.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean an exhaust hood?

Hi @NateCleaning,

Thank you for your question on how to clean an exhaust hood and a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community; it is fantastic to have you join us.

I suspect the only way to get the grease off is to scrub hard alongside a degreasing agent. You could maybe try Gumption Multipurpose Cleaner with a Ryobi 18V ONE+ 125mm Random Orbital Polisher to make your life a bit easier.

Any thoughts @Dave-1, @Noyade, @DIYGnome?

Let me know how you go.

Jacob

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Good Morning @NateCleaning

Wooooo thats a job abnd a half. I have used car degreaser on my filter/extraction fan above my stove serveral times. It did work well. In an industrial situatrion Id be tempte dto go with a harder degreaser for sure. That looks very much baked on so not confident that it will work, worth a try maybe. 😕

Dave

DIYGnome
Becoming a Leader

Hello @NateCleaning bit of nasty job there, that fat/oil/grease deposit has compounded over time so you're going to need something that can break it down like an alcohol/solvent of which I would try Acetone as it can be diluted with water as required.

https://ecolink.com/info/using-acetone-as-a-degreaser/

Bunnings stock 1L & 4L quantities, Material Safety Data Sheet available @ https://diggersaustralia.com.au/safety-data-sheets/

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects