Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hot to block open space in cupboard above oven?

justthinking
Just Starting Out

Hot to block open space in cupboard above oven?

image.jpg

I have this open space in a cupboard above my oven and would like it sealed. What’s the best way to do this? I’m assuming I’d still need access to the ovens power in case anything goes wrong behind there? The rough holes in the wall I’ll fix too, but how would I seal off the back of the cupboard itself so I don’t get rodents, drafts etc? 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how would I go about blocking this hole

Hi @justthinking,

Thank you for your question about closing in a cupboard above your oven.

Also, a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

It looks like you've already got some cleats installed on the side of this cupboard which I have circled below.

If I am not seeing things correctly, and there are no cleats there, I would suggest installing cleats along each side of the cabinet made from a suitable-sized material such as Porta 30 x 30mm DAR Square General Purpose Pine.

Once in position, you could then use these cleats to attach a sheet of CUSTOMwood White Backing Board, that has been cut to size instore with Zenith 8G x 13mm White Button Head Screws. This would allow the backing board to be removed easily if access is required.

Let me know if you have any further question.

Jacob

Amazing, thanks so much 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No worries @justthinking.

If you have any further questions as your project commences, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects