Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this white crusty stuff on frangipani leaves?

emmz
Growing in Experience

What is this white crusty stuff on frangipani leaves?

20231128_154608.jpg

20231128_154604.jpg

20231128_154600.jpg

   This seasons leaves have this weird white crusty like stuff attached to my frangipani leaves. This is the worst leaf. It's like a white powder if I rub it off. I noticed other frangipani trees in my garden have it as well, some with black spots on the end of the leaves. My garden is a newly established garden since end of august not sure of that makes any difference, apart from the white stuff and black spots all plants still appear to be happy. Does any one have any ideas  thanks 😊

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: What is this white crusty stuff on frangipani leaves?

Thanks for your question @emmz. I'm sure our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to assist once he's back online on the site later today.

Let me tag our garden experts @mich1972 and @Noelle to see if they have any thoughts in the meantime about your frangipani leaves.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @emmz 

This looks like a type of mildew, caused by warm, very humid conditions and maybe poor air circulation around the plants.  It is a fungal issue so a good garden fungicide like mancozeb should fix the problem.

Be sure to read the label instructions and wear gloves, eye protection and a face mask when handling and spraying garden chemicals.

emmz
Growing in Experience

I had a feeling it could be fungal. The weather we've been having here at the moment has been humid. Heat waves then rain 😪 thanks for your help

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @emmz 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Noelle. Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend removing any dead leaves still attached and those that have fallen off and are at the bottom of the plant. Put them in the bin and please don't mix them in with your compost.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects