Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What agi pipe sock fits on 50mm pipe?

Fixit77
Finding My Feet

What agi pipe sock fits on 50mm pipe?

hi I have some lengths of 50mm diam agi pipe I’d like to use in my paddocks for drainage into a sump pit. Does the agi sock 50mm stretch enough to go onto this or do I need to get the next size up please?

cheers and thank you

janet

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: agi pipe sock fitting

Hello @Fixit77 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about agi pipe.

It all depends on the length of your agi pipe, is it long enough to cover the area and will it reach the sump pit? I propose laying it out so that you can actually see if its long enough for your needs. Keep in mind that 50mm is not that big and if you have a lot of water overflowing then getting a larger pipe such as the Vinidex 100mm x 20m Socked Slotted Draincoil would be more practical.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Fixit77
Finding My Feet

Hi again,

I haven’t laid it out yet but great idea. I’m more asking if the 50mm diam sock would fit the 50mm diameter pipe - not length just is the sock meant to be snug or

loose ? 

janet

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Fixit77 

It should fit neatly on the condition that the sock is compatible with the agi pipe. The only way to find out is to test the fitting.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects