Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need ideas for front yard makeover

Just Starting Out

Need ideas for front yard makeover

hi, I do have a bit messy front yard . i am thinking of remodeling and looking for ideas

IMG_9502 (1).jpgIMG_9503 (1).jpgIMG_9504 (1).jpgIMG_9505 (1).jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Need ideas for front yard makeover

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @244663693. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about front yard makeovers.

A front yard makeover is an exciting project, and the first step to a successful transformation is having a well-thought-out plan. Start by sitting down and mapping out your garden. Think about what you'd like to achieve with your space—whether it's creating a welcoming entrance, adding curb appeal, or simply making it easier to maintain. You might like to start your planning stage by reading through these helpful articles: How to plan a garden makeover and How to give your garden a makeover. Also check out our Top 10 garden makeover for inspiration.

Consider the types of plants you like the look of and start developing a theme. This could be anything from a lush, tropical paradise to a minimalist, drought-tolerant garden. Breaking your project down into sections, like planting and landscaping, will help you decide how these elements will flow and work together harmoniously.

Landscaping elements, such as pathways, borders, and garden beds, are just as important as the plants themselves. Think about how you want to navigate through your garden and how different sections will connect. Decide on materials and colours that complement the theme you’re going for.

Additionally, if there are specific features you want to include—like a water feature, a seating area, or some lighting—make sure to incorporate these into your plan. Inspiration images or any existing elements you want to keep or workaround will be incredibly helpful for our community members to provide more tailored suggestions. Feel free to share these, and let us know more about your preferences, the style you envision, and any challenges your yard might have. This will help us guide you more effectively and provide ideas that suit your unique space.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need ideas for front yard makeover

Hi @244663693,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. 

I'll add a couple more resources to Mitch's suggestions:

You have a wonderful big area, so I think the important thing is not to feel overwhelmed. Break it down into small manageable projects and take your time. 

We look forward to seeing how you can transform your garden.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects