Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat white powder over leaves?

Mark_I
Finding My Feet

How to treat white powder over leaves?

Hello I have white powder over leaves and some leaves are turning brown and dying. Is this powdery mildew?

Suggestions on treatment? It's spread across 4 of the same type of tree.

Thanks.

1000053298.jpg

1000053297.jpg

1000053299.jpg

  

1000053303.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to treat white powder over leaves?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Mark_I. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about plant care.

It certainly does give the impression that it could be powdery mildew, which can be resolved with the application of Yates 150g Mancozeb Plus Garden Fungicide and Miticide. Spray the plant and then repeat every ten days. It is important to thoroughly cover all plant surfaces, including the undersides of leaves. Do not apply if rain is expected within 24 hours, if temperature exceeds 27ºC, or if plants are suffering from moisture stress.

Let me also mention one of our horticultural experts, @Noelle, to see if she has some thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Mark_I 

Looks and sounds very like powdery mildew, so the treatment suggested by Mitchell would be the way to go!

Make sure the cover the leaves well, including the undersides, for the best results.

Thanks Mitchell. I was actually going to buy this one tomorrow
Yates 500ml lime sulphur concentrate as looked like it covered more of this issues that look present. Possibly even the leaf curl.
Thoughts?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That sounds like a good solution @Mark_I.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects