Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get rid of creeping oxalis?

Moe1
Just Starting Out

How to get rid of creeping oxalis?

IMG_7229.jpeg

IMG_7228.jpeg

IMG_7230.jpeg

IMG_7227.jpeg

Hi Peeps,
This is my first post here and hopefully won’t be the last.

Can someone advise how can I get rid of these creeping weed ? I would like a product that can be used in winter (preferably) and also does not effect the colour of my sandstone garden beds. 
Type of grass : Sir Walter buffalo.

Your advise is really appreciated.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to get rid of creeping oxalis?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Moe1. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing creeping oxalis.

I recommend you pick up a garden sprayer and some Amgrow 500ml Bin-Die Herbicide. Bin-die is suitable for removing creeping oxalis, but I suspect it will take a few applications to do the job. Mix the product with water and add it to your sprayer. Liberally spray the areas where the creeping oxalis is. Bin-die is also effective in controlling other common weeds such as bindii, clover, and dandelion.

When spraying products near landscaping, it's always best to use a large piece of cardboard to prevent overspray onto the stonework.

Remember your PPE, including a face mask, safe glass, gloves, a long-sleeved shirt, trousers and enclosed footwear.

Here's a helpful guide on How to weed your lawn.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to get rid of creeping oxalis?

Thank you so much Mitchell , now we have a job for the weekend :smile: 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects