Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Quick and easy potting table

Milly1
Just Starting Out

Quick and easy potting table

I bought an old table on Gumtree for $1, treated the rust on the legs, cut a hole in the centre of the plywood with a jigsaw and used some left over paint to give it a finish. After that off to Bunnings for a $2.69 plastic bowl and made a potting table for my sister who has some mobility issues.

Materials

An old table, Bunnings plastic bowl, left over paint, silicon sealer, rust converter.

Tools

Jigsaw, paint and paintbrush, tape measure, sand paper, homemade circle marker.

Steps

Step 1

Found the table on Gumtree for $1 and collected it.

Step 2

Checked for rust on the metal legs and treated it with Rust Converter. 

Step 3

Sanded back the table surface to clean away dirt and marks.

Step 4

Bought a brightly coloured plastic bowl at Bunnings for $2.69.

Step 5

Measured the underside of the bowl and cut a hole in the table top to fit the bowl with a jigsaw.

Step 6

Painted the entire table and sealed the inner circumference of the circle with silicon to seal the cut edge once the paint was dry.

Step 7

Inserted the bowl in the table top and delivered the table to my sister who lives with mobility issues so she can continue to pot her plants.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Quick and easy potting table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Milly1. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What a wonderfully simple solution! I love how functional it is, and it's at the perfect height for potting up plants. I trust your sister was very pleased with the project.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects