Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix watering hose line connection?

SaadMalik
Building a Reputation

How to fix watering hose line connection?

Hello All,

I have got the water mist line that runs to the front garden at my house. However I  have got problem at the connection point between the tap and the mist line.

The water tap seems to release water not through the nozzle. Its got holes in the adaptor where the water comes out from.

Because of this when i turn on the tap, the water gushes out a lot. I have attached the photos for reference.

SaadMalik_0-1721706445296.png

SaadMalik_1-1721706597409.png

Can the adaptor be replaced or will i have to replace the whole tap for this? If yes then what tool will i need to replace the adaptor? I am pretty sure that there is nothing wrong with the mist line connection its just the adaptor that needs replacement.

Thanks,
Saad

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix watering hose line connection?

Hi @SaadMalik,

It appears that you have an integrated vacuum breaker on your tap that has either failed or you are missing the flat rubber washer that should be present in the connector for your two-way adaptor. First, remove the two-way adaptor and check to see if there is a washer in the top of it. If not, you'll need to install a replacement washer. If there is a washer present, then it's likely that the vacuum breaker has failed, and you should try to unscrew it from the tap with a pipe wrench or multigrip pliers.

If you have trouble removing the vacuum breaker, the easier option might be to replace the tap.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects