Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. wedding podium

CreativeKeola
Growing in Experience

D.I.Y. wedding podium

Wanted to make a Podium for my Wedding but didn't want to spend a heap of money and wanted to use what i had left over from other projects... This was made from boxes i picked up from Bunnings, Polyfilla, glue, masking tape, paint and a heap of greenery

Materials

• Boxes - all the same size and height ( from Bunnings at the counter)
  • Masking Tape
  • PVA Glue
  • Newspaper
  • Dulux stone effect paint in "sand" ( left over from past project)
  • Polyfilla
  • Plastic scraper
  • Paint brush
  • Artificial Greenery and flowers
  • Floral foam blocks
  • Shelly's Liquid Nails
  • Stanley Knief

Tools

This a Crazy Craft lady project - No Power Tools were used or harmed during this project

Steps

Step 1

First Tape up each box and using glue to tape to secure all boxes together.

then measured the angle i wanted the Podium go slope.

pile of boxes.jpegtemplete for box.jpegtaped boxes 3.jpegglue on boxes.jpegtaped up boxes.jpeg

Step 2

Added a additional  piece of cardboard for the Lip of the podium and attached with glue and secured with tape and lots of it.

using waterdown PVA Glue, covered the entire podium with newspaper and glue and let it dry over night

Applied 1 thick coat of Dulux stone effect paint with a paint brush using a cross over technique - let dry then applied a generous amount of polyfilla over the entire podium.

Once dried applied another 2 coats of the Dulux stone effect paint

paper mash on the poduim.jpegin the process prduim.jpegpainting poduim.jpegmulti purchase filler.jpegupclose texture on poduim.jpegside profile poduim unfished.jpeg

Step 3

Using Shelley Liquid Nails - attached a floral foam blocks and using a heap of greenery and flowers, attached to make a drapping effect on the front of the podium

* Pretty Happy how it turned out

adding foam to poduim.jpegpoduim finished 2.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wedding Podium

Hi @CreativeKeola,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You must be so excited.

With a few basic supplies, some boxes, some time and whole lot of creativity, you've produced something that will surely be a wonderful addition to the decor at your wedding. 

Thank you for sharing your D.I.Y. wedding podium and congratulations on a job well done.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects