Workshop
Ask a question

What Ryobi products and batteries are compatible?

otnimus
Finding My Feet

What Ryobi products and batteries are compatible?

I am planning to get a cordless Ryobi lawn mower: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-lithium-36v-5-0ah-18-brushless-lawn-mower-kit_p0088131

And I also need a drill and looking at this one: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-18v-one-drill-driver-skin-only_p0096074 which is a skin only. How do I know if I can use the mower's battery for this drill? And in general how do I tell which Ryobi products will share batteries? Thanks.

Kunlaya
Just Starting Out

Ryobi Battery

I have thae 36v 5Amh battery which is came with Ryobi Lawn mower. Now battery is dried and need a new one. Does the 36 V 4Amh is compatible to mine?

IMG20240726144719.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi Battery

Hi @Kunlaya,

Thank you for your question about 36v Ryobi batteries and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

Just to clarify, Volts (V) measure the "pressure" of electricity. Think of it like water pressure in a hose, whereas Amp hours (Ah) measure the amount of electricity a battery can store and provide over time.

I can confirm that any of the Ryobi 36v batteries will be compatible, but a lower Ah battery will not last as long.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

farrstep
Finding My Feet

What is the difference between Ryobi 3650 and 3650D batteries?

Will my 3650D charger charge a 3650?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Difference between Ryobi 3650 and 3650D batteries?

Hello @farrstep 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about the difference between Ryobi batteries.

Please allow me to call Ryobi and find out the difference between the two batteries and the options regarding charging it. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @farrstep,

The older charger you were using on the 3650D battery will charge the newer 3650 battery. The only difference in the batteries is the technology they use. You might find that the older charger takes slightly longer to charge the new battery than a new charger would, but apart from that, they are compatible.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell.  Confident to order one now. 

Camil
Just Starting Out

Ryobi Battery

Can I use Ryobi 36V 40V Li-ion 8.0Ah/6.0Ah battery for Ryobi mower 36V 53 cm

aldo can I use V36 charger to charge it 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Camil,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

We do not recommend using non-Ryobi products with Ryobi tools as they have not been made to the same standards and using them will void the warranty on your mower.

I'd suggest purchasing a genuine Ryobi battery and charger such as this Ryobi 36V 6.0Ah Lithium HP™ Battery R36BTY6 and Ryobi 36V 6A Fast Charger.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Camil
Just Starting Out

Thanks for your advice 

AnneM46
Community Newcomer

How to charge 12 volt hedge trimmer.

I have recently purchased a 12 volt Ryobi hedge trimmer. Can I use my husbands 18 volt Ryobi battery with this?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects