Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you order an Osmanthus from Bunnings?

Robbie4
Finding My Feet

Can you order an Osmanthus from Bunnings?

Does Bunnings order a special plant if requested? 

Plant in question is...Osmanthus - Fragrans - Aurantiacus.

Osmanthus fragrans.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you order an Osmanthus from Bunnings?

Hello @Robbie4 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about ordering in an Osmanthus - Fragrans - Aurantiacus

Osmanthus fragrans aurantiacus is a beautiful and highly fragrant variety of the Osmanthus fragrans species, commonly known as sweet olive, tea olive, or fragrant olive. Native to Asia, particularly China, Japan, and the Himalayas, this plant is cherished for its intensely aromatic flowers. 

The aurantiacus variety stands out for its distinctive orange blossoms, a feature hinted at by its name, which is derived from the Latin word for "orange." Blooming in late summer to autumn, this variety not only adds vibrant colour to gardens but also fills the air with a sweet, apricot-like fragrance.

Please allow me to make a few inquiries with our supplier regarding this plant and its availability. As soon as I have more information, I'll get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Robbie4,

Could you please let us know the location of your closest Bunnings store so we can verify if they are available in your area?

Mitchell

Both Tuggerah & West Gosford are within easy reach; however, I have been in contact with both & been advised they do not stock (???!!); hence my enquiry to see if I can get it as a special buy. Require ONE only.

Rgds 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Robbie4,

Bunnings West Gosford only carries the white Osmanthus Fragrans but not the Aurantiacus variety. I've contacted our plant supplier and unfortunately they don't grow this variety. I do apologise for not being able to obtain those for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

OK & Thank You for trying.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects