Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free Pallets (Murray Bridge)

Hello @Tilly2 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about pallets for your project.

Pallets are available at the store in the timber yard. However, these pallets are often picked up by D.I.Y enthusiasts and are on a first come first serve basis. I suggest calling the store before you proceed to make sure that they have enough for your project. I recommend speaking to a helpful timber yard team member regarding the loose pallets.

Can you please tell us what you’re building? Any project details you can share would be very much appreciated.

Eric

Hi Eric, 

Thanks so much for getting back to me. For our assignment in tech studies, at my high school, we have to create a piece of furniture, while being mindful of costs of materials. Below is some inspiration of my project as well as an online 3D drawing draft. I am also thinking about turning the seats into storage compartments.

Tilly2_2-1681022688294.png

Tilly2_1-1681022639413.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That sounds like an amazing project @Tilly2. Please keep us updated and reach out if you need any assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

RM1
Just Starting Out

Pallets

Hello.  I need approx 6 pallets to store boxes on in garage small enough to fit into an SUV

I'm in Cheltenham VIC

Thanks you 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RM1. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about acquiring pallets.

Our pallets come in various sizes, including half pallets, so you'll likely find something that will fit in your SUV. Given that you are after specific sizes, I'd recommend you give your local Bunnings a quick call to make sure they have some pallets available and then head down to check if any suit your needs. Pallets are a bit of a hot commodity these days, so calling directly before you head in is best.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Will_Farthing
Just Starting Out

Free timber pallets

Hi, guys, I was just wondering I anyone knew where to get some free timber pallets from I have heard that Bunnings usually has some and was just wondering if they still give them to you for free.

Kind Regards

Will

Tboy
Just Starting Out

free Pallets

Does Cairns store give out free pallets and can you hold them for collecting next day 

dexterbishwo
Just Starting Out

Where can I find free pallets?

i am planning to make raised garden beds using pallets. i am located in darwin,NT

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free timber pallets

Hello @Will_Farthing 

Welcome to the Bunnings workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us.

The store often places these pallets at the front of the store and are free to the public. However, these pallets are frequently taken by D.I.Y enthusiasts and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. To ensure they have an adequate supply for your project, I advise contacting the store before proceeding. It would be beneficial to speak with a friendly member of the timber yard team regarding the availability of the pallets.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: free Pallets

Hi @Tboy 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us.

The majority of the stores usually have pallets to give away. I'm sorry, but pallets can't be set aside and reserved. These are on a first come first serve basis, due to space limitation and the need for stock space. Any pallet not taken will often get recycled. Before proceeding to the store, my best advice is to call the store first and speaking to a helpful team member in the timber yard to find out if there are any pallets available for pick up. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric   

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects