Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair old garage brick walls?

Honest52
Building a Reputation

How to repair old garage brick walls?

How to repair, plaster or painting a 50 years old brick walls of garage.  Lot of cracks and holes on the walls.  

I plan to DYI this job. What's material and tools should I order from. BUNNING? what's procedure to do the job? Thanks in advance!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: repair old garage brick walls

Hello @Honest52 

Thanks for sharing your question about painting your garage brick wall. I just wanted to be clear that there is no plaster on your brick wall. If it is just plain bricks, I suggest getting a bristle broom and sweeping the surface free of dust and debris. To fill the holes in the bricks, I recommend using Selleys 440g No More Gaps Bricks and Mortar Gap Filler. For chipped or cracked surfaces, I suggest Polyfilla 500g Exterior Brick and Render Masonry.

You'll need a paint brush to paint the mortar in between the bricks and a paint roller to cover the flat surfaces. Dulux Wash and Wear is suitable for internal masonry surfaces. However, you'll first need to apply a coat of Dulux 1Step Prep Primer, Sealer, & Undercoat to seal the brick wall.

Here are some helpful step-by-step guides: 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects