Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to find blades for Ozito Multi tool?

Nittus
Getting Established

How to find blades for Ozito Multi tool?

Hi all. So i purchased an Ozito PXMFTS-018 cordless multi tool a while ago, and the time has come to replace the blades. Problem is, i can't seem to find any compatible ones. I bought the Kango ones and they wouldn't secure at all. I had a look in the little box of attachments that came with the tool, and there isn't any sort of adapter to secure third party fittings. Am i stuck having to buy specific Ozito blades? The tool is pretty much useless with anything else.

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to find blades for Ozito Multi tool?

Hi @Nittus,

There are a few different fitting types for multi-tool blades, and the Ozito PXC 18V Cordless Multi Function Tool PXMFTS-018 utilises the Starlock system. Unfortunately, the Kango blades do not suit the Starlock system. I'd suggest returning them and picking up some of the Diablo Starlock blades instead. It would be best to check with a team member in-store, but the Full Boar 6PC Multi-Tool Blade Assorted Set should also fit as they are a universal blade design.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc 

Any chance of blades to fit this one?

I tried a few times at Bunnings without success.

Cheers!

20240719_095853.jpg

20240719_095647.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noyade,

I'm not 100% certain with that one. 

If you could advise the model number of your multi-tool, I'd be happy to investigate for you. 

Some photos of the blades you have used in the past would also help.

Let me know how you go.

Jacob

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @JacobZ 

It's embarrassing to admit - but it's a "Performer" from Kmart, before they stopped selling powered tools. If nothing fits (I suspect it's designed to only fit Performer blades) - it doesn't matter (it was $5 on clearance a decade ago). 😁

Thanks for trying.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noyade,

Unfortunately, I can't find any reference to this tool, so it might be a case of trial and error.

It looks like the starlock multi-tool blades are the most likely to work with it as they have a central hole that can be screwed through to lock the blade in place.

If you needed something you were certain would work, it's probably time for an upgrade.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Jacob

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Thanks @JacobZ

I'll have a closer look next time at Bunnings.

Cheers.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects