Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this bathroom shelf?

Kvic
Having an Impact

What is this bathroom shelf?

Hoping some one can tell mew if they know this brand or where to get a new one.

RustyRusty

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is this bathroom shelf?

Hi @Kvic,

I've had a fairly thorough search of the internet, and I can't locate a manufacturer for this shelf or anyone selling it. I think you'll find it hard to get a like replacement.

How bad is the rusting on the unit? You can remove it with crumpled aluminium foil and Coca-Cola if it's just surface rust. Dip the scrunched-up aluminium foil in the coke and scrub the rust spots. You'll be surprised at how well this works, especially if it's just surface rust. It would be best to remove the glass shelves before attempting this, but be careful and use appropriate PPE like safety glasses, gloves, long-sleeved shirt and pants and enclosed footwear when handling the glass; it can break quite easily if tapped on the edge.

Alternatively, you could sand the chrome and apply a prepping agent like Flood 500ml ESP Easy Surface Paint Preparation before painting with Aquanamel or spraying with White Knight 300g Super Chrome Spray Paint.

If you're looking for a change in styling, check out this helpful step-by-step guide: How to build D.I.Y. wooden bathroom shelves.

We also have a wonderful range of bathroom shelves to choose from. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What is this bathroom shelf?

It is quite flimsy and rusted, I do not think it could be re-chromed, it most likely fall apart during the cleaning but I will have to try your solution and may have to have it repaired.  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects