Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Low water pressure in laundry

renegade2k
Getting Established

Low water pressure in laundry

I have all of a sudden got an issue where the water going to my washing machine through the cold is having almost no water coming through. It doesnt seem as though any other tap is having a problem. I have taken the hose off and the water pressure is still very low coming from this tap. Any suggestions on how to correct this or do you think I will need a plumber?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Low water pressure in laundry

Hi @renegade2k,

Thank you for your question about low water pressure in your laundry.

I'd suggest you inspect the tap, aerator, and any filters for blockages, and clean them thoroughly to remove any sediment or debris that may be affecting water pressure.

If this does not fix the issue, the tap may be air-locked. Airlocks occur when air becomes trapped in the pipes, creating a blockage that restricts water flow. 

Turn on all taps in the house, starting with the lowest tap and ending with the highest. Leave them open for several minutes to help push the trapped air out of the system.

Allow me to tag some of our helpful members to see if they have any ideas that might help, @Dave-1, @Nailbag, @Noyade.

Unfortunately, if these troubleshooting ideas do not prove useful, it is likely you'll need to contact a plumber for assistance.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: Low water pressure in laundry

Evening @renegade2k 

Mmmmm I can only think of a blockage in the hose but you have removed that and still the issue. Id go one step further and check the tap itself. Tirn off the water and remove the spindal, check to see if the washer has perished and if the spindal screws easily.

Ha sthe water been turned off on your property recently? I get nothing at first in my rear tap when I have turned off the water and replaced a washer, as @JacobZ has said there can be an air lock in the pipe, mine kickes in after what feels like a lifetime tho probarly under 5 seconds.

I cant think of any other likely culprits if these dont work 😕 Try and see and then a plumber may be needed.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects