Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is there a Y adapter available for 2 washing machine drain hoses?

PatDIY_Dad
Having an Impact

Is there a Y adapter available for 2 washing machine drain hoses?

Hey all

We got a new Bosch washing machine and a tumble dryer

You can connect a drain hose to the dryer so you dont have to empty the condensation collector every few dry cycles

But we only got one spigot for the washer

I was thinking if its possible to get a Y adapater and connect both the washer and the dry drain hose to that. Then connect the Y adapter to the spigot?

The dryer drain hose seems like a smaller one vs the regular size washing machine one

see the photos of the drain hosesPXL_20241017_001750504.MP.jpgPXL_20241017_001723885 (1).jpg

Re: How do I connect this smaller drain hose to the spigot ( off a bosch tumble dryer)

It could be possible to utilise that hose @PatDIY_Dad. However, you'd probably need to cut one of the ends off the Bosch hose and push it onto the back of the machine. Then, you'd need to push this hose end over that and use the clamp. I'm not a great fan of you cutting up the Bosch hose to achieve that, as there's a possibility it could still leak. At this point, I think it'd be best to try to cobble together a connection for the trap with the products I've mentioned above. As I don't have one of those Bosch hoses to verify the fittings on, I've selected what I think would work, but you'll need to double-check.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How do I connect this smaller drain hose to the spigot ( off a bosch tumble dryer)

Yeh I realized it would be too long 

I just got all those bits and trying to put them together 

The Bosch hose is basically the same size as the smaller end of the adapter 

Did you mean to fit the hose over the adapter? Will be very hard to fit it on

1000007721.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @PatDIY_Dad 

Any chance that you can stretch the Bosch hose in hot water? Is the Bosch tip hard or soft? If it's hard, perhaps you can run a 13mm clear hose between the reducer and the hose. The only other option is to reduce it even further with a Holman 13mm Barbed Poly Joiner, this goes from 13mm down to 10mm. You'll need to get some 13mm clear hose and three more clamps to secure the reducer.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

I eventually got it in with grease and hot water but still have a look Its still too big

PXL_20241018_071006602.jpg

This is what I ended up doing and I think it will work fine. Put silicone on the outside of the male end of the drain hose with the clear tube over the top of the spigot. Pushed it in to seal the top end of it. Then clamped down on the clear hose to the spigot and clamped down up a bit to hold the drain hose

Wont come loose and it is sealed from the silicone

PXL_20241018_104715427.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @PatDIY_Dad 

I suggest giving it several hours to cure before you start using it, just to make sure that the silicone is nice and dry.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects