Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to upgrade shower head?

Snails
Just Starting Out

How to upgrade shower head?

image.jpg

Hi there, I’ve just moved into a new rental and would love advice on upgrading the shower head - both the pressure and height of the current head aren’t the best.

My partner is very tall (2M) so I’d like an extendable arm that goes up higher the current one and then extends toward the middle of the shower so the water falls more centred. Would a gooseneck with rain shower head be a good option? I wasn’t sure how compatible my shower is with that? 

thank you for your advice  :smile: 

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: upgeade shower head

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Snails. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about shower arm and head replacement.

The Mondella Rococo 300mm Curved Wall Shower Arm - Chrome is likely going to be the best option. It's 300mm high and extends 300mm out. It's probably much the same height as the current, but it will get the head location out further and pointed down. I'd then go with something like the Mondella Rumba Chrome Rectangular Rain Shower Head WELS 3 Star 9L/min or any other rain shower head.

Two metres is pretty tall, though, so that might not be high enough. The only other option I can find is the Flexispray WELS 3 Star 9L/min Chrome Havana Short Twin System, which could give you around 50mm more height.

There is a possibility of cobbling two Flexispray All Directional Chrome Shower Arms together. It could look a bit janky but it might resolve the issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much for the advice Mitchell! After reading the reviews I’m going to purchase the Havana short twin system. Having the extra fitting will be handy for cleaning the shower :smile: 

I was wondering what tools you recommend I purchase to help me install, I believe I need a wrench but I’m not too sure which size? 

thank you :smile:

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Snails,

You should only need a wrench such as this 300mm Adjustable Wrench. This mid-sized adjustable wrench should be perfect for this job and will certainly come in handy in the future.

Check out How To Replace A Shower Head for some guidance on the process.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects