Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove this shower head?

Nithi
Finding My Feet

How to remove this shower head?

  Hi everyone 

this is our rain shower and it was overflowing and not coming through the holes and I tried to remove it but the plate came off but the remaining part is still up there. 
I am a newbie and I don’t know how to remove the shower head as it looks like a ball, could you please guide me with this please.

should I change the whole shower head or I should stick it with a glue? 
how to remove the shower head to attach a new one? 
I mean, what tools are used to remove this kind of shower head? It’s too high and it’s hard to remove without knowing what tools to use.

Thanks Everyone  😊

E976DEAD-06AD-4F00-A073-8E4EDD10F247.jpeg

19A8090B-792F-478F-8361-1D3C2897D093.jpeg

  

76D33244-9309-4FB5-8B40-4CBA8D03FAFC.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove this shower head?

Hello @Nithi

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your shower head.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the shower head attachment has flat slots for you to insert a Craftright 300mm Adjustable Wrench. However, if they don't have flat slots, you'll need to grip the top of the shower head attachment and twist it anti-clockwise. Please make sure not to twist the shower arm.  

I've placed an image below to give you an idea of where you need to look for the slots. I recommend changing the shower head with an Estilo WELS 3 Star 9L/min Chrome Round Shower Head. This is a common replacement head for ceiling-mounted shower heads. It provides the same rain-type shower feature that you currently have.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nithi
Finding My Feet

Thanks Eric,

I'm excited to be in this platform. I’m a complete newbie but loves spending time in bunnings, all the parts and products available there fascinates me, 

I’ll try and let you know 😊

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Nithi

Should you need an extra boost to reach your shower head I suggest looking at Syneco 100kg 2 Step Steel Household Folding Step Ladder. It will come in handy for those quick D.I.Y. projects such as changing lightbulbs, checking your fire alarm and hanging Christmas decorations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects