Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove this bathtub handle?

diy_vvv
Getting Established

How to remove this bathtub handle?

IMG_8176.jpeg

I am in the process of replacing my bathroom fixtures. This one was silver, unsuccessfully painted gold.

It looks awful so I am going to remove it altogether if possible, just not sure how to.

Also open to any other suggestions.

Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove this bathtub handle?

Hi @diy_vvv 

I suggest having a good look at the base of the handle and see if there are any grub screw holes visible. I also suggest running your fingers along the base of the flanges to see if there are any holes present. If there are, there is a very good chance that the grub screws are located in that spot. If there are grub screws, you'll need an Allen key to remove them which will then allow you to remove the bathtub handle.

However, if there are no grub screw holes present, it's probable that the handle was attached from the other side of the bath. This means that the only way to remove it is to remove the bath so that you can get access to the back.

If removing the bath is not an option, I recommend thinking about repainting the handle in a white colour so that it blends in with the colour of the bath. This will at least reduce the handles visual presence. My best advice is to take your time sanding down the handle and mask the surrounding area carefully before you start spray painting.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.    

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects