Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace shower head?

Paul5
Finding My Feet

How to replace shower head?

hello,

recently the small shower head broke off from the connecting hose.The photos will show the head and connector.

I can see where there might be a screw to be loosened which will remove the solid base . Do I need to remove  both connector and hose?

IMG_0106.jpegIMG_0105.jpegIMG_0108.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: bathroom shower head

Hello @Paul5 

Thanks for sharing your question about your broken shower head. I take it that the split portion is stuck at the end of the hose. I propose using a large flat bladed screwdriver and leaning it on the inner wall of the stuck portion of the shower head and turning it anticlockwise. 

However, I strongly urge you to wear heavy duty gloves and goggles when trying to remove the stuck broken piece. Your goal is to get the broken piece inside the hose to start turning and come out. If it proves to be too difficult another option is to remove the hose and replace it with an Estilo 1500mm Stainless Steel Double Lock Shower Hose. The shower head can be replaced with a Flexispray Chrome Single Function Bermuda Handset WELS 3 Star 9L/min or similar handset.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects