Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix towel rail wall mount?

bernalee
Just Starting Out

How to fix towel rail wall mount?

Hi all,

My wall mount of towel rail is broken. Any glue recommendation for a metal to metal glue to fix this?

Thanks

Ben

IMG_7624.jpgIMG_7625.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Metal to metal glue

Hi @bernalee,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

Any glue you use would need to be able to support the weight of the towels and be resistant to the moisture and temperatures that you will experience in your bathroom.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of an adhesive product that would create a perfect repair.

You could try using Loctite 18ml Extreme No Drip Glue Gel, but I don't think it would last particularly long.

You may have to look at replacing the towel rail or ordering a spare part from the manufacturer.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Thanks Jacob, I will try the glue first as I can't find the perfect replacement towel rail or spare part yet.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Morning @bernalee 

How did you go with the glue @JacobZ recommended?

Is the fitting cast aluminium? Or will a magnet stick to it?

Cheers!

Hi @Noyade ,

Sorry for my late reply as I wanted to wait for a few days to confirm it works. Unfortunately, my towel rail fell again after 2 days. I am looking for a replacement now.

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @bernalee,

We have a great range of towel rails in store. You likely won't find one that matches your existing holes, but a helpful team member can check to see whether any would be the same length and cover the holes. make sure to take a measurement of how far apart your mounting brackets are for comparison.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell. 

I am looking for a towel rail with 54 cm between the mount brackets. But I can’t find such information from a Bunnings store or website.

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

For very specific information like that, it would be best to visit a store so a team member can measure the products on display to determine those specifications @bernalee. The width between the brackets is not something that is typically listed in the product details, just the overall length.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Afternoon @bernalee 

The reason I asked the above questions - is I'm more than happy to weld the lug back in place - provided it's steel and not aluminium.

Just a thought.

Cheers.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects