Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Why is my resin blurred?

ZainHaider2024
Getting Established

Why is my resin blurred?

why my diy resin always comes blurred? please tell me if it because of weather or what?

Re: ok now can you please tell me how to cure my resin because i don't have any idea how to cure it.

thanks for your feedback but the blurriness is inside, what i mean that it is underneath the first layer do you think it is because of humidity because these days there is a lot of rain Perth. if yes please let me know.

Re: ok now can you please tell me how to cure my resin because i don't have any idea how to cure it.

Hello @ZainHaider2024 

Yes, if the weather is not ideal, it is not good to make resin moulds. I suggest trying again, but this time make sure it is a sunny day before you mix the resin. Observe the temperature tolerance of the product you are using and make sure that all mould holders and equipment are very clean. Make sure to mix the correct ratio of the resin and activator.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric is there any other good tip you can give me please, and please tell me if the cold weather could cause the resin to be blurry, I really appreciate your work and once again thanks for your response.

Hi @ZainHaider2024,

It's more the moisture in the air that causes blurriness. The temperatures being cold would normally just extend the cure time. 

Can you show us some closeup images of the resin so we can see exactly what this issue looks like? Let me know if you need a hand uploading pictures.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Mitchell for responding if you see the pictures in the first one it is very good and shiny but if you see the second picture it is the side of the same one if you see it, it is very blurry and it is not shiny. Please help me

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg

Hi @ZainHaider2024,

A potential reason for the cloudiness on one side is that air bubbles are getting trapped in the resin because it is being poured too fast.

If you slow down the pour and ensure the air bubbles are removed periodically, you should get a nicer finish.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

thank you Kacob for the response I will try this time and I'll let you know what happened, Thank you 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects