Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Smart lights

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Smart lights

SmartLight.pngGreat to see Bunnings stocking a range of smart lights. They're a great solution to avoid having to install new light switches, chase walls, etc.

I'm going to install some pendant lights in my Master on each side of our bed. We want the switches to also be at our bedside but to do this normally would require chasing the walls to install the new switches. These smart lights mean we just need to install the pendant lights with necessary wiring in roof space, then control the lights form our phones or the optional remote control. Love it!

Has anyone used these yet? Thoughts/experience?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Caron
Making a Splash

Re: Smart lights

This is an older discussion - is there anything newer and better on the market?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Smart lights

Hi @Caron,

Since the creation of this discussion, we've expanded our range significantly. We still stock a range from LIFX, but there have been many advancements in technology. Newer models offer enhanced features like voice control integration with Alexa and Google Assistant, improved energy efficiency, and customisable lighting options through advanced apps. If you're looking for the latest and greatest, you'll find plenty of new and improved options to choose from. Check out our range of smart globes on the Bunnings website. Here's a helpful article on Smart lighting buyer’s guide: How to choose the right one for your home and Setup smart lights in your home.

If you'd like to let our helpful members know a bit about what you are looking to achieve with your smart lighting, I trust they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects