Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need a place for my van conversion project

ron123456
Just Starting Out

Need a place for my van conversion project

hey everyone,
I want to purchase a lot of my construction equipment from bunning
I want to convert my van for travel and living.

Since I don't have my own private place, I'm looking to know if there is a solution in Christchurch for example (I'm flexible in location) where I can use the workspace to build my DIY project, or if I can also use a workshop where there are tools to use as well.

I would love to know if there are people who know or have done something similar and can recommend me a convenient solution.

Thanks for the help :smile:

Ron

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: place for build my van conversion project

Howdy @ron123456 

Welcome to the Bunnings Community :smile: and also a hello from across the ditch :smile:

Bunnings dosnt have space :smile: lol Tho imagine that! However I may have a solution.

Have a look around your area for a local mens sheds, join and then generally they will have a bunch of tools and knowledge you can gain access to,

The closest thing we have to a mens shed near me is a woodworking place. Same type of knowlege and workers :smile: 

The last piece of information I could suggest is to rent out a storage cell at your local storage place to keep extra materials or larger tools that you end up purchasing. You wouldnt be able to work there but its somewhere to keep stuff.

Dave

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need a place for my van conversion project

Hi Ron (@ron123456)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us and we're looking forward to seeing your van conversion project come to fruition. 

Sorry we can't help with providing some space, but @Dave-1's advice is excellent. I'd also try contacting your local council to see if they have any other suggestions. I imagine renting out warehouse space would be expensive but would obviously be another option.

Please let us know if we can help with the project once you get started.

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects