Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas wanted for large art at no or little cost

Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

Ideas wanted for large art at no or little cost

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-25 at 10.57.14.jpeg

Hello hello!

I am currently renovating a house and ran out of money for the artwork :smile: It is a biophilic design home reno so trying to find some nature-inspired solutions. I like very large art. Any suggestions?

Below is one I came up with. You can follow my reno journey from my Instagram

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 12.14.54.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 12.14.55.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 12.14.57 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 12.14.57.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 12.14.58.jpeg

Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

Re: Ideas wanted for large art at no or little cost

Hi Katie,

Yes, Oreo is a great help and I am so in love with him - just like any other dog mum.

This is one room I am working on that will need wall art. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIhjXgUjFZl/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet 

Thank you for the inspiration...love it

lifestylebymari
Making a Splash

Hello @Cocoplum 

This is such a cool way to create art. Something I have done in the pass is using old canvas and cover them over either with multi-purpose joint compound and then painted. It gives such a interesting affect and super cheap to achieve. 

Super keen to see what else you come up with ☺️

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Oh wow this room is super gorgeous @Cocoplum! The wallpaper is stunning. Are you wanting to put wall art up behind the bed head, on the wall opposite the bed, or next to the door? So many options. @lifestylebymari has mentioned a good one - DIY art that is pretty easy to achieve and doing a textured wall art piece in neutral colours wouldn't clash with the wallpaper. You should also check out @Isobel DIY Wood Art for consideration. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Yes, definitely planning on doing this. I actually have a design in my mind but little worried about if it will work or not. I was thinking 5 cm compound and shaping it. Little worried about cracks and pieces falling down as it is a large canvas. Do you think it will hold? How thick compound did you use?

Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

I am planning next to the door. It is actually wall cladding, not wallpaper. You can see the one I used from this reel. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CPm1t5Lh0OF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

As it looks like real rock, I am planning to add some softer elements here. Bed curtains and linen will help but the rock will turn to both, cocooning the bed. I think the wall next to the door will also need some softness. Checking the links you sent now. Thank you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Cocoplum

Please don't forget to post an update. I'm sure our members would be keen to see the artwork you've created.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you @Cocoplum I'm sure you now have a lot of ideas to keep you very busy😊

Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

Will do 😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects